Jeanne’s Book Store is run by an amazingly efficient and knowledgeable group of volunteers! To make a purchase from the book store, simply bring your selections downstairs to the checkout desk to pay. Prices include tax.
If you’d like to donate your good condition books, please bring your donations in small batches at a time (2 grocery bags or a box about that size) to the Westbank location. You may request a donation receipt at the desk if you need one.
Where do your donations go?
- Most books in good condition that have general public appeal go to Jeanne’s Book Store, with proceeds supporting the library.
- If it’s a book we need for the collection, we will add it.
- Books of a specialized nature may be sold through a third party re-seller, also to support the library.
- We support many other organizations with excess donations, including Austin Children’s Center, Any Baby Can, multiple schools, Dell Children’s Medical Center, Easter Seals, Inside Books, the Salvation Army, ARCH, several retirement communities, and libraries in need.
- Books in poor condition are recycled whenever possible.
We only accept donations at the Westbank location. Please do not donate magazines, encyclopedias, cassette tapes or videotapes, as we have difficulty finding a home for these items.