This month’s meeting will be held simultaneously in person at Westbank Library and online through Zoom.
Click here to join BookTalk, a live virtual discussion happening last Tuesdays at 11:30a.m.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Led by library staff, this book club reads and discusses literary fiction (with an occasional non-fiction book thrown in). In addition, each year the group reads a classic and a book by a Texas author. Join the group on the last Tuesday of the month at 11:30 a.m. on Zoom. This group is on hiatus in November and December.
2023 Reading Selections
- January 31st: Horse by Geraldine Brooks
- February 28th: The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill
- March 28th: The Passenger by Cormac McCarthy
- April 25th: Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
- May 30th: Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- June 27th: Trespasses by Louise Kennedy
- July 25th: The Last Gift by Abdulrazak, Gurnah
- August 29th: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- September 26th: Now Is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson
- October 31st: Shine Bright: A Very Personal History of Black Women in Pop by Danyel Smith
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.