Click here to join the Eanes History Group, a live virtual program.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
On the second Monday of each month, join fellow history buffs in learning about, sharing, and celebrating the heritage of the Eanes area!
This month’s meeting will be held simultaneously in person upstairs at Westbank Library and online through Zoom.
Eanes History Group: Celebrate 150 Years of Public Education in Eanes with Dr. Don Rogers
To continue the celebration of 150 years of public education in Eanes, we will hear directly from one of the foremost architects of EISD in the modern era, Dr. Don Rogers. As school superintendent from 1974-1992, he led the fast-growing Eanes district during its most formative physical and cultural years.
Over the next several months, we will hear from educators and students from various eras of Eanes history. It’s the story of our schools, but it’s also the story of our community.
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.