Click here to join Daytime Book Group, a live virtual program happening at 4pm.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles – from the author’s viewpoint, from the characters’ experiences, and from the group members’ personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic.
2023 Reading Selections
- January 8th at 2pm: Last Dance on the Starlight Pier by Sarah Bird (Author Visit)
- February 5th: The Humans by Matt Haig
- March 5th: The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- April 2nd: Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- May 7th: Violeta by Isabel Allende
- June 4th: Starry Messenger by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- June 25th: Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- (July’s book, due to July 4th weekend)
- August 6th: Brighter by the Day by Robin Roberts
- August 27th: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- (September’s book, due to Labor Day weekend)
- October 1st: Lessons by Ian McEwan
- November 5th: The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- December 3rd: Gratitude by Oliver Sacks
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.