Add to Calendar
January 6, 2022 @ 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM
Click here to join Young Adult Book Club, a live virtual discussion group happening at 4:45pm.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Teen-facilitated YA book club for fans of Young Adult literature. In 2022, we’re focusing on a “page to screen” theme, reading books that have been made into films! Does the movie do the book justice? Does it tell the story even better?
We’ve got some bestsellers and blockbusters lined up, interspersed with more obscure works. Please note, some books and films contain mature content.
2022 Book Selections:
- January 6th: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- February 3rd: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- March 3rd: Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- April 7th: Cruel Intentions/Dangerous Liaisons (Penguin Classics) by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
- May 5th: Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- June 2nd: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- June 16th: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- July 7th : I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
- July 21st: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- August 4th: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Please check back for updates for September through December book selections
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.