Add to Calendar
March 2, 2023 @ 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM
Click here to join Young Adult Book Club, a live virtual discussion group happening at 4:45pm.
If you’re having difficulties, please refer to Zoom’s support information. Westbank Library is unable to provide tech assistance during the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule tech help or if you would like additional information regarding this library program.
Teen-facilitated YA book club for fans of Young Adult literature. In 2022, we’re focusing on a “page to screen” theme, reading books that have been made into films! Does the movie do the book justice? Does it tell the story even better?
We’ve got some bestsellers and blockbusters lined up, interspersed with more obscure works. Please note, some books and films contain mature content.
2023 Reading Selections though July
- Jan 5th – The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman
- Feb 2nd – Ruby Red (Ruby Red Series #1) by Kerstin Gier
- Mar 2nd – Gilded by Marissa Meyer
- Apr 6th – Braiding Sweetgrass for Young Adults: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- May 4th – The Weight of Blood by Tiffany D. Jackson
- June 1st – The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- July 6th – What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli
Please read these ground rules ahead of the conversation:
- Please keep your camera on for the discussion and provide your name.
- Mute if there is background noise.
- Respect the privacy of others by not reporting what you hear in this conversation with any specificity or attribution.
- Be respectful and listen when others are speaking.
- Allow everyone’s voice to be heard that wants to be heard.