1 Reserve the materials you would like to borrow
- On our catalog page, log in to your account in the upper right hand corner.
- Browse or search the catalog to find an item you would like to borrow. Click on the item, then click the reserve button.
- You can reserve up to 10 items at a time with most library memberships.
- Some membership types and certain materials may have reserve and checkout limitations.
- If you are using our Reserve Express service, please review your list of favorite authors to eliminate any that you are no longer interested in.
- Watch our short video to help you select your next book to read.
2 Pick up your materials after you have been notified
- You will be notified when your materials are ready. The notification will either be by email, text, or automated phone call – whichever you have specified.
- Pick up at window or visit inside.
- We will hold your items for 7 days. If you do not pick up your items within a week, we will return them to the collection, and you may reserve them again when you are ready.
- We will check out your items to you when you arrive at the window, or you can come inside and check them out yourself.
- You will need your library card number to pick up your items.
- I reserved something, and I am not sure if I might have missed a pick up notification from you. When you reserve an item, you specify how you want to be reached. Check your spam/junk folder in email or your phone messaging system. You can log into your account to see the status of all your reserves.
- Why am I only able to reserve 3 items instead of 10? This could be be because you have a limited membership or it could be that you are trying to reserve Bluebonnets or LoneStars which are limited to 3 because of high demand.
- I reserved an item that says it is on the shelf at the library. Will I get it tomorrow? Not necessarily. The list of reserve requests is quite long some days, and we may not get to them all. You will receive a notification when your reserve is ready.
Catalog browsing tips
- Book Scroll at the top shows many of our latest additions… click a book cover to open.
- What’s Trending box has three tabs listing popular titles, recent purchases, and book lists.
- Book Bundles and Suggested Reads – let a librarian select some books for you based on your interests or peruse popular book lists and the current BookPage magazine.
- Read-alikes are suggested in the catalog. Find a book you loved, then look at the suggested similar titles, series, or authors. Watch our short video demonstration.
- Search by format by adding a keyword (like DVD) to your search or by using More Search Options.
- Click on the heading at the top of your result list to rearrange the order. Clicking on copyright date, for example, will put the newest title on top.
- Refine Search using the tab on the left side of the page. This is useful for finding sub-topics or recent materials, for example.
Requests for materials to be purchased by the library
- We accept requests for materials purchases, but we cannot always purchase everything that is requested. Please limit your requests.
- We can sometimes borrow materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- We are happy to assist you with learning how to use the digital library if you would like to try reading or listening to audiobooks digitally. Contact us at email@example.com or stop by the desk.
We are no longer quarantining library materials. If you are concerned about fomite transmission, wash hands after handling materials and consider quarantining materials for 3 days before using. If you are in a vulnerable population, wearing a mask or gloves to remind you not to touch your face while reading is an option.
Other changes to service to make checking out easier for you
- All items, including DVDs, now have the same checkout period of 2 weeks.
- There are no overdue fees, but we appreciate the return of materials in a timely manner if others are waiting.
- If no one is waiting, your items will automatically renew up to two times.
- When an item is three weeks past its due date, your account will be blocked until you return the item. If you have extenuating circumstances, let us know.