1 Reserve the materials you would like to borrow
- On our catalog page, log in to your account in the upper right hand corner.
- Browse or search the catalog to find an item you would like to borrow. Click on the item, then click the reserve button.
- You can reserve up to 10 items at a time with most library memberships.
- Some membership types and certain materials may have reserve and checkout limitations.
- If you are using our Reserve Express service, please review your list of favorite authors to eliminate any that you are no longer interested in.
- Watch our short video to help you select your next book to read.
2 Pick up your materials after you have been notified
- You will be notified when your materials are ready. The notification will either be by email, text, or automated phone call – whichever you have specified.
- Pick up at window or visit inside.
- We will hold your items for 7 days. If you do not pick up your items within a week, we will return them to the collection, and you may reserve them again when you are ready.
- We will check out your items to you when you arrive at the window, or you can come inside and check them out yourself.
- You will need your library card number to pick up your items.
- I reserved something, and I am not sure if I might have missed a pick up notification from you. When you reserve an item, you specify how you want to be reached. Check your spam/junk folder in email or your phone messaging system. You can log into your account to see the status of all your reserves.
- Why am I only able to reserve 3 items instead of 10? This could be be because you have a limited membership or it could be that you are trying to reserve Bluebonnets or LoneStars which are limited to 3 because of high demand.
- I reserved an item that says it is on the shelf at the library. Will I get it tomorrow? Not necessarily. The list of reserve requests is quite long some days, and we may not get to them all. You will receive a notification when your reserve is ready.
Catalog browsing tips
- Book Scroll at the top shows many of our latest additions… click a book cover to open.
- What’s Trending box has three tabs listing popular titles, recent purchases, and book lists.
- Book Bundles and Suggested Reads – let a librarian select some books for you based on your interests or peruse popular book lists and the current BookPage magazine.
- Read-alikes are suggested in the catalog. Find a book you loved, then look at the suggested similar titles, series, or authors. Watch our short video demonstration.
- Search by format by adding a keyword (like DVD) to your search or by using More Search Options.
- Click on the heading at the top of your result list to rearrange the order. Clicking on copyright date, for example, will put the newest title on top.
- Refine Search using the tab on the left side of the page. This is useful for finding sub-topics or recent materials, for example.
Requests for materials to be purchased by the library
- We accept requests for materials purchases, but we cannot always purchase everything that is requested. Please limit your requests.
- We can sometimes borrow materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- We are happy to assist you with learning how to use the digital library if you would like to try reading or listening to audiobooks digitally. Contact us at email@example.com or stop by the desk.
Materials safety when COVID transmissions are high
We are no longer quarantining library materials. If you are concerned about fomite transmission, wash hands after handling materials and consider quarantining materials for 3 days before using. If you are in a vulnerable population, wearing a mask or gloves to remind you not to touch your face while reading is an option.
Other changes to service to make checking out easier for you
- All items, including DVDs, now have the same checkout period of 2 weeks.
- There are no overdue fees, but we appreciate the return of materials in a timely manner if others are waiting.
- If no one is waiting, your items will automatically renew up to two times.
- When an item is three weeks past its due date, your account will be blocked until you return the item. If you have extenuating circumstances, let us know.